Re: Compile Mode and "host" Emacs

From: Nathan Trapuzzano
Subject: Re: Compile Mode and "host" Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 09:42:45 -0400

Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden> writes:

> Do you think a bug report on changing the value of "$EMACS" or
> "$INSIDE_EMACS" from "t" to the path of the running Emacs would stand
> a chance?

I'm not the one to ask, but I suspect it could be easily done and
therefore would have a good chance of being accepted.  A more reasonable
proposal would be to have emacs set a third environment variable to the
path in the way I suggested above.  That way, the other two could retain
their meaning.

However, given what you have said, I don't see how that would solve your
problem.  You'd have to wait for the feature to be accepted and
implemented, then for it to be released, and then, finally, for your
users to upgrade.