Re: Compile Mode and "host" Emacs

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Compile Mode and "host" Emacs
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 16:28:59 +0100

Sebastian Wiesner <address@hidden> writes:

> I see that my statement was ambiguous, which I apologize for.  To
> clarify, I do not actually intend to talk to the running Emacs
> process.  I merely want to use the same Emacs *executable* as the
> running process.

You need an Emacs that can process your lisp expressions.  That is
independent of the Emacs that happens to execute the compile process.
As such it is not useful to know anything about that instance.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, address@hidden
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE  1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7