Re: Rectangular regions

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Rectangular regions
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:37:00 +0530

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> `M-x rectangle-mark'.

I am seeing some problems.  When I mark a rectangle, it is 'modifying'
the buffer.  (The modification is only visual and not textual.)

In the attached screenshot, there are two windows.  In the lower window
the cursor has moved to the right by a single column.  Both the windows
are in whitespace-mode showing SPCs and TABs.

Note the following:

1. The rectangle is no longer a rectangle.  It is very confusing.
2. The second and subsequent lines have moved to the right.

I think (1) and (2) are because of presence of tabs.

(2) is definitely an issue.  It shouldn't happen at all.