Re: after r114507 cannot build on msys

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: after r114507 cannot build on msys
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 20:17:48 +0200

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:44:17 +0100
> From: Jarek Czekalski <address@hidden>
>
> In r114506 configure say dup2: yes.
>
> In r114507: dup2: no

Not here.  It still works for me with today's trunk, as it did before.

> configure:22632: checking whether dup2 works
> configure:22691: gcc -I /c/Temp/src/emacs/nt/inc -std=gnu99 -o
> conftest.exe -g3 -O2 -gdwarf-2 -mtune=pentium4    conftest.c >&5
> configure:22691: $? = 0
> configure:22691: ./conftest.exe
> configure:22691: $? = 2
> configure: program exited with status 2
> configure: failed program was:
>
> When it tries to build dup2.c it cannot find msvc-inval.h - I don't have
> such file. Previously this was not build, because dup2 was detected ok.

How did you invoke the configure script?  Did you use
nt/msysconfig.sh, or did you invoke ./configure by hand?  I'm guessing
the latter, in which case the file nt/mingw-cfg.site was not loaded.
Please be sure to follow the instructions in nt/INSTALL.

Here's what my config.log says about this test:

  configure:22741: checking whether dup2 works
  configure:22811: result: yes

That's it: it never runs the test program, precisely because that
would erroneously decide that dup2 doesn't work.  This happens because
mingw-cfg.site forces configure to accept this result without testing.