RE: Rectangular regions

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Rectangular regions
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 12:05:13 -0700 (PDT)

> > Even though I voted for C-x SPC, I would miss gud-break.
>
> So would I, but so far it looks like the strongest contender.

It does?  Why?  What arguments favor it?  I haven't seen a
single one, so far.  Have you?

All I've seen is Eli's "`C-x SPC' is available", followed by
his "Why is everybody ignoring the `C-x SPC' suggestion?".

Reasons.

> we could also use S-SPC: it's not available under ttys, but
> is otherwise free.

S-SPC is an even worse choice than C-x SPC.

The key for this command does not need to be particularly quick.
And it certainly does not need to be easily repeatable.  This
would be a royal waste of a key that has such attributes.

Put the command on prefix `C-x r', together with the other
rectangle commands.  Easy to use, easy to discover, easy to
remember.