Info: Console Vs GUI difference?

From: T.V. Raman
Subject: Info: Console Vs GUI difference?
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 13:24:47 -0700

With all due respect, I believe you're  wrong here -- that's not
the problem.  And it works correctly at the console.  When
running under X, the signal once raised, gets raised repeatedly
after every user command, and the backtrace shows that it's
coming from redisplay.

I coded up the emacspeak handler in a function that I then called
from the advice for clarity -- not sure how you conclude that
that is the cause of the problem ---