Re: Consider adding hash-keys and hash-values

From: Josh
Subject: Re: Consider adding hash-keys and hash-values
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 20:05:45 -0700

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 6:11 AM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:
>>> (defun hash-keys (hashtable)
>
> It would have to be "hash-table-keys".
>
> But again, I'm not sure it provides a useful enough abstraction to
> justify adding this one-liner in every Emacs executable.
>
> Tho, maybe we could introduce a new file "oneliners.el" where we could
> collect such functions (probably most/all defined as `defsubst' so that
> you can (eval-when-compile (require 'oneliners)).

In my experience the usual reason to want a set of hash table keys
or values is to iterate over them.  Perhaps this would be a good
time to revisit last year's discussion[0] of Daniel's elisp-generators
library[1]?

[0] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-11/msg00502.html
[1] https://github.com/dcolascione/elisp-generators

Josh