using command-error-function in emacspeak

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: using command-error-function in emacspeak
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 20:56:51 +0100

It doesn't work with the recommended means of using add-function
-- so perhaps there is a bug in nadvice

I wouldn't call this a bug. add-function documentation says about OLDFUN. It seems to assume that there already was a function there. It's not true in Emacs 24, but we are working on that. In Emacs 25 it will have a default value that will be a standard error output function.

Without testing Emacs version you could just work 2 ways:
1. if command-error-function is nil - set it
2. otherwise - add-function

However I agree that add-function would be better if it did that job for us.

Jarek