Re: Double unquote/unquote-splicing

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: Double unquote/unquote-splicing
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 06:48:02 +0900

Nathan Trapuzzano writes:
 > "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> writes:
 >
 > > "It's pretty, so it must be right" is a fallacy.
 >
 > I haven't argued in these terms at all.

That is true, and it doesn't matter.  It's an easy trap for others to
fall into, and it's a particularly dangerous one for Emacs, which is
intentionally permissive toward irregular hacks.

 > I think the only claim that can be legitimately said to be
 > "tenuous" is (3), given its subjective nature.  It seems to me that
 > the other points are simply true.

You've already admitted that they're not.  The best you can say is
that in your opinion the probability of doing any harm is negligible.