Re: nt/msysconfig.sh

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: nt/msysconfig.sh
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 16:03:57 -0500

Dani Moncayo wrote:

> I've noticed that the configure script for MS-Windows, i.e., the file
> `nt/msysconfig.sh' is just a call to the main configure script, but
> setting a special value to the `CONFIG_SITE' environment variable.
>
> So, I wonder if that setting could be done inside the main configure
> script (conditioned to the MSYS environment, obviously), so that we
> could get rid of `nt/msysconfig.sh' and thereby make the procedure for
> building Emacs on MS-Windows more similar to the GNU/Linux case.

Sounds like it would be better, if it works.

CONFIG_SITE needs to be set before configure runs, so you can't just set
it in configure.ac. Looks like what you would have to do is take the
contents of nt/mingw-cfg.site and insert them in configure.ac just after
the AC_INIT statement.

But it needs to be behind a test for mingw.
You can't use $opsys, because it isn't defined till later.

Maybe that test "$MSYSTEM" = "MINGW32" thing will work, though I don't
know what MSYSTEM is...

If you find something that looks like it should work, test it out with
and without configuring caching turned on, and see if work for you.