Re: chinese word mode

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: chinese word mode
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 21:15:07 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> > Assuming I fix this problem and other inevitable bugs, would this
> > library be of general interest to Emacs? The dictionary comes from the

> Handa?  Any comment on this suggestion?

I agree that such a feature is useful for Chinese users.
But I have one question.

> The idea is that an entire dictionary of words are provided in a nested
> char table, and then a minor mode both remaps most word-related commands
> to use that dictionary, and fill-find-break-point-function is rewired to
> do the same.

I understand that such commands as M-f and M-d will get more
convenient on Chiense text, but I don't understandd the
latter part; i.e. the need for working on
fill-find-break-point-function.  As far as I know, Chinese
text (as well as Japanese text) can be broken at any point
except for "kinsoku" processing.  So there's no need to
change the current behavior as to line-breaking.  Am I
missing something?

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden