Re: Bootstrap failure on MS-Windows

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Bootstrap failure on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 15:33:55 +0100

>> Maybe "uname" could be an option to detect mingw? On my system it
>> returns "windows32" for non-login, and "MINGW32_NT-6.1" for --login
>> shell. Cygwin returns CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64, so it won't be mistaken as mingw.
>
> Thanks, but I believe the need for this will be eliminated, once the
> change that makes configure read mingw-cfg.site directly is committed.

If you refer to the patch I sent [1], the reading of
'nt/mingw-cfg.site' from the configure script is conditioned to the
MSYS environment.  So, with that approach, we still need a way of
checking whether the shell is running on a MSYS environment.

--- Footnotes ---

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2013-11/msg00295.html

--
Dani Moncayo