Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Annoying (frameset bug?): desktop-mode and maxmized frame
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 23:10:30 +0530

> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> If the maximization or correct sizing of frame happens BEFORE other
>> restorations happen, then there wouldn't be need for this right?
>
> I'm not sure if you mean before restoring buffers, etc, or before
> other frameset.el stuff.

I will share a screencast.  First I want to make sure that we are
looking at the same paper.

>> Why does setting of frame maximization happen LATER.
>
> Look at previous discussions. The relationship between window-manager
> maximization and what Emacs thinks about its maximized state is
> complex. And the order things are done in frameset.el is heuristics to
> get the best behavior I could manage;

No I don't know where the problem lies.  But restoration of framesizes
happened only after you added frameset changes.  (Prior to that I just
used to maximize the inital frame, store it in a register, dump that
register in to my .emacs in a frame alist or some var like that)

i.e., I am not pointing fingers at you.

> but if you have a patch that makes things work better, I'm all ears.

IME, this is a polite way of saying STFU.  I can if that is what you
want.  Let me know.