Re: Git conflict VC state detection

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Git conflict VC state detection
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:16:56 -0500

> I'm not myself happy with the solution. It all depends on how important
> it is to know the `conflict' status. Maybe other features on Emacs VC
> depends on it.

The feature that depends on this information is to automatically enable
smerge-mode when there's a conflict and to automatically mark the
conflicts as resolved when there are no more diff3 markers (see how
it's done is vc-svn.el and vc-bzr.el).

So, an alternative to fixing vc-state is to add a vc-git-conflict-p called
from the find-file-hook.

Another useful feature along those lines is to add support for
vc-find-conflicted-file.

        Stefan