Re: ruby-mide, SMIE and token priority

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: ruby-mide, SMIE and token priority
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:19:13 +0200

On 11.11.2013 17:13, Bozhidar Batsov wrote:
At first glance everything looks good to me. I was extremely happy to
see you've fixed the indentation for:

if foo &&
   bar
end

The old (incorrect) behaviour was quite an annoyance for many Ruby
programmers.

I'm glad you like it.

Lining up foo and bar makes sense from the syntax standpoint, so SMIE more or less does that by default, but I was afraid it would hurt readability: this way, "bar" is indented only 1 column more than the block body, so it could be mistaken for the first statement more easily.