Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Building Emacs from a new MinGW environment
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:56:54 -0500

I can't comment on any of the actual details, since I can't test it, but
here are some pedantic nitpicks! :)

> +VERSION='2013-11-10 14:48'; # UTC

Things like that are generally a nuisance with VCS (merge conflicts).
I don't think it serves any useful purpose in this case.

I guess you have this because you copied the template of move-if-change.
That has more of an excuse for including such a thing; since, as part of
gnulib, it will be included in many projects that have varying version
numbers of their own.

But for yours, the version will just be that of the Emacs that it came
with.

> +# Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Probably should just be 2013.

> +Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Probably should just be 2013.

> +## Local Variables:
> +## eval: (add-hook 'write-file-functions 'time-stamp)
> +## time-stamp-start: "VERSION='"
> +## time-stamp-format: "%:y-%02m-%02d %02H:%02M"
> +## time-stamp-time-zone: "UTC"
> +## time-stamp-end: "'; # UTC"
> +## End:

Not needed IMO.