Re: Org merge

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Org merge
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 18:41:37 +0530

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Not if they retained their meaning and value.

Variables are on new prefix. If they aren't aliased they are NEW
variables entirely.

Marked portion below means implies discontinuity and not backward
compatibility.

As some one who is familiar with ox-html.el, I KNOW for sure that
aliasing simply will not work for some variables.  This is because their
default values have changed or new interepretation introduced.

I will not comment on variables in ox.el.  Nicolas has done an all out
re-implementation.  In some cases, he might have retained the name but
added new interpretation.  (It is better to check with him.)

It is safe to add a :version of 24.4 to all variables rather than audit
each variable to see for their backward compatibility.

,---- From line 232 of etc/ORG-NEWS
| If you customized an export back-end (like HTML or LaTeX), you will need
| to rename some options so that your customization is not lost.
`----