Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 21:54:03 +0100

Am 18.11.2013 21:00, schrieb Bozhidar Batsov:
Unlike auto-complete-mode, Emacs's default completion system is rock-solid.
:-) auto-complete uses some pretty messed up popup display library that
doesn't play well with many packages. company-mode is much better in this
regard.

I guess I'm so used to the default completion system that I don't see it as
something primitive and hard to work with. That said, it might not be a bad
idea to include a "more modern" completion system in Emacs itself, but I'd
opt for simplicity and reliability over fancy UIs.

+1