Re: org-crypt bug and other org inconveniences.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: org-crypt bug and other org inconveniences.
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 13:10:39 -0500

> I sent a bug about org-crypt months ago (with patch to fix it).
> I see org have been merged into trunk and the bug is still here...
> ,----
> | Making epg-context local to  *epg* while let-bound!
> `----

Note that this warning is not necessarily a problem.  Actually, I tend
to think we should just get rid of this warning (which I added, a few
years ago).

> So I am dropping the support for org-keywords in helm as I don't want to
> reread the whole org.el file.

BTW, why not try to push Helm's support for Org to Org, i.e. make Org
support Helm, rather than the other way around?

I think Helm (and company-mode, auto-complete, ...) should always go in
that direction: provide the infrastructure and then get the various
other modes to use that infrastructure, rather than add separate ad-hoc
glue-code which tends to need to be maintained on the wrong side of
the fence (as seen here).

        Stefan