Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 12:59:18 -0500

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 8:25 PM, Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm not against buffers but against the general UI flow, which requires either mouse clicks or hitting `C-x o'.

For me the crucial difference between mini-buffer completion and pop is that one does not alter the layout of my windows while the other does.  Have a helpful list of suggestions to the right while my cursor remains undisturbed is very intuitive.  By contrast having a new window pop up moves _my_ focus but fails to move emacs' focus.  I would be very happy if, having configured emacs to pop a completion buffer emacs' focus moved there immediately.

/john