Re: Add the archive name column in the list-packages table

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: Add the archive name column in the list-packages table
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 09:28:50 -0500

On Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:07:02 +0530 Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

XF> Thank you, it looks good.  IMHO it would also be useful to add the
XF> archive name to the buffer created by `C-h P' (`describe-package').
>>
>> Agreed, and done.  The archive is shown in the "available from" line but
>> it really looks better on its own line.

JK> It would be nice to show little visual icons (think favicons) for
JK> repositories.  "Available" is taking too much space on my netbook
JK> screen.  Nice little icons to give visual feedback.

The "available from" information could be on a new line to show all the
info.

I think icons are typically used for familiar things, so it would be
puzzling to the users to see an icon for a repository name.  They
wouldn't know what icon corresponds to what repository.

You can, of course, do this on your own with text properties.  But I
don't think it makes sense for all users.

Ted