Re: Add the archive name column in the list-packages table

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Add the archive name column in the list-packages table
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 23:28:43 +0530

The description is pushed to the last column which means that it is
truncated.  Additional details can go as part of tool tip.  The tool-tip
is per-table cell.  May be it should be per-table row (at least in this
case)

Visual feedback need not mean icons.  It could be color coding.

The *entire* table-row can be highlighted in green if it available etc.
(I see that unsigned packages are highlighted in with foreground red.)

> I think in general Emacs should use icons more, but with care.  See
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/137682 for a proposal
> (iconset.el) I still intend to pursue, though it's not high on my TODO
> list due to other priorities.

It would be nice if Emacs is less verbal and more visual.