Re: Moving octave-mode manual from GNU Octave to GNU Emacs.

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: Moving octave-mode manual from GNU Octave to GNU Emacs.
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:16:30 +0100

Hello Glenn,

Isn't address@hidden the address for such questions?

> (Eg it seems slightly odd that the manual isn't in Emacs until now.)

I've asked John W. Eaton (the GNU Octave maintainer) if there was a reason why
the manual wasn't moved to Emacs and he couldn't think of any.

> Sounds like only the last two are potentially an issue.
> (Though same comment as above for the first one.)
> If "minor changes" means "less than ~ 15 lines worth of text from each
> author remains in the latest version of the file", then there's no issue
> here.

That's the change contributed by Rafael.

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/a441d6681364#l5.1

It changes 3 lines.

Rik seems to have contributed more than 15 lines though.

# hg churn -t '{author}' doc/interpreter/emacs.txi
jwe                               595
Rik <address@hidden>      34
Rik <address@hidden>               14
John W. Eaton <address@hidden>     13
Rik <address@hidden>       8

(56 lines)

I'll contact him to check if he has signed the fsf papers or is willing to do
so.

Regards,
Rüdiger