Re: Emacs as word processor

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:27:54 -0500

        [ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider
        [ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,
        [ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example.

       I wish I could specify fonts in Emacs in a way that would
       really be useful in making such a document.

    Are you referring to  customize-face  or something else (such
    as, e.g., .Xresources/XLFD/XFT processing)?

I mean a simple way to put some text in a different font, such as a
14-point bold font for a title, and have it (1) display on the screen
in that font and (2) have that markup saved in the file.

Emacs can already display a piece of text in that font, but it lacks a
convenient user-level feature to do this whole job.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation