Re: Moving octave-mode manual from GNU Octave to GNU Emacs.

From: Rüdiger Sonderfeld
Subject: Re: Moving octave-mode manual from GNU Octave to GNU Emacs.
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 02:59:29 +0100

On Thursday 21 November 2013 20:38:08 Stefan Monnier wrote:
> >> It currently says "Copyright (C) 1996-2013 Kurt Hornik".  I have
> >> contacted
> >> him and he agreed to change the copyright to the FSF.  What is the
> >> correct
> >> procedure for this?
>
> The one you're following.  Indeed Kurt's changes are already covered.

He confirmed his willingness to change the copyright in a private e-mail.  I
guess that's not enough to simply change it and commit it to Emacs.  Does he
have to sign additional papers or is it enough if he makes a public statement
or contributes the diff?

> For Rik's changes, you might like to take a closer look at them, in case
> some of his later changes supersede text he had contributed in earlier
> changes, or have been superseded by other text.  Or in case some of the
> changes are "re-fill" (a pretty common occurrence in such text files).
>
> But if he can be found and is willing to assign his copyright, it's even
> better,

I've contacted him.  Most of his changes are whitespace fixes.  I've counted
only 9 line changes which change actual content.  Of which at least 4 are no
longer in my updated version.  So maybe an assignment isn't even needed?

Regards,
Rüdiger