Re: Emacs as word processor

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs as word processor
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 12:18:19 +0200

> From: Bastien <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 18:43:51 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Thanks, but you could assume I knew about Org (and use it ;-).
>
> Sorry, I know you have been (and are still?) using Org!

Yes, still do, although I use only a tiny fraction of its
functionality.

> > Of course, that file and
> > enriched.el are dormant for the last 20 years, so don't expect too
> > much.  But it could be a starting point, and the display engine gained
> > a lot of functionality that was missing in 1994.
>
> Yes, but this solution is just for Emacs people.

We _want_ a solution for Emacs people.  For the rest, there should be
back-end export facilities and print capabilities, which are a much
simpler job and are already available, or close to that.

By contrast, the real-time presentation part remains largely unsolved.