Re: trunk r115158: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el (ruby-custom-encoding-m

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: trunk r115158: * lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode.el (ruby-custom-encoding-magic-comment-template):
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 15:23:02 +0200

On 23 November 2013 04:37, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks for adding a test/ChangeLog entry.
Do please list the names of the tests in the entry.

Will do.

ChangeLog entries should name every function, variable that they touch.
I notice this did not happen eg in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2013-11/msg00216.html
which changed an option, added several new functions, and modified
another, but only mentioned the last in the ChangeLog.

Since the new functions were extracted from the modified function I wasn't sure if they needed mentioning.
Basically in a situation like this I should list all symbols like this (sym1, sym2...): and write a unified summary regarding
all of them, right?

Similarly
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2013-11/msg00150.html
does not list the two new options as entities in their own right.

Please could you review all your past changes with an eye to that,
and improve the ChangeLogs where necessary?

Sure.

Also, maybe you want to add a NEWS entry about those new options.
This need be nothing more than:

  ** New Ruby mode options: foo, bar.

Will do.

in the "Changes in Specialized Modes and Packages in Emacs 24.4" section.