Re: Proposal to change cursor appearance to indicate region activation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Proposal to change cursor appearance to indicate region activation
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 08:34:33 -0500

> (add-hook 'deactivate-mark-hook (lambda () (setq cursor-type t)))
> (add-hook 'activate-mark-hook (lambda () (setq cursor-type 'bar)))

I like the idea, but this collides with other uses of cursor-type.
Could someone cook up a patch which only does the above if cursor-type
has not been modified (and which lets users opt-out if they prefer).
Also, the patch should directly modify deactivate-mark and activate-mark
rather than using the hooks.

        Stefan