Re: false warnings when compiling with lexical-binding and cl-lib.

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: false warnings when compiling with lexical-binding and cl-lib.
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:53:23 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> This patch avoid adding a new binding by the 'into' clause when the
>> binding have been already added by a 'with' clause.
>> I wonder if this is correct, real common-lisp return an error in such
>> case, WDYT?
>
> Oh, wait, then the warning is OK.  It indicates that the `with lst' is
> extraneous and unused.  IOW, there's no bug to fix.  We could change
> cl-loop to signal an error, but it doesn't seem to be worth the trouble.

Yes, maybe the error message can be a little more explicit, common-lisp send a
message like this:

,----
|  Variable LST in INTO clause is a duplicate
| current LOOP context: COLLECT I INTO LST FINALLY.
|    [Condition of type SB-INT:COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR]
`----

Also the warning is only at compile time, should we return an error on
evaluation ?
This can be detected and handled from the same function
i.e (cl--loop-handle-accum)

--
Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: