Re: Turn on uniquify by default

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Turn on uniquify by default
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:32:39 +0200

I’m also in favour of enabling it by default. For what is worth - not a single Prelude user has ever complained about it being enabled by default in Prelude. AFAIK all popular Emacs configurations enable it by default as well. I guess the default style should be 'post-forward-angle-brackets for historical reasons, although I personally find 'forward easier to mind-parse and more natural.

--
Cheers,
Bozhidar

On November 23, 2013 at 10:52:45 PM, Stefan Monnier (address@hidden) wrote:

> Should uniquify with style post-forward-angle-brackets (which
> resembles the current default) be turned on by default?

I for one have been using uniquify for ever and am all in favor.
Obviously, the choice of which default to use is going to be a great
bikeshedding opportunity. So people, please focus first on whether you
want it enabled, and keep the bikeshedding for later.

Stefan