Re: Emacs on Android

From: Feng Shu
Subject: Re: Emacs on Android
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 10:56:31 +0800

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM, RĂ¼diger Sonderfeld
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Sunday 24 November 2013 00:11:27 Lennart Borgman wrote:
>>> For vi-haters: I was looking for a way to edit .org files on Android.
>>> Since Emacs does not work on Android (yet?) I tried vim-orgmode
>>> instead. It did not work either (but vim did).
>>
>> Maybe org-ehtml could help you.  It uses elnode to provide org editing via
>> web.  I hope this can be used to provide a more mobile friendly interface to
>> org and Emacs.  Of course having a local Emacs on Android to run org-ehtml
>> would be useful.
>
> Thanks, nice idea, but unfortunately I think I need good editing
> capabilities locally on my android phone for it to be really useful.
> It has to be fast and easy to use.

May be you can do like this:
1. root your device
2. install android app: linux on android
3. install a linux: (I use debian)
4. install emacs24 in linux choot
5. install a simple till window  manager in linux, I use ratpoison, and add a
keybinding for emacs
6. NOTE "linux on android" will launch a vnc daemon
7. Install android app: bVNC, (bVNC have Ctrl Alt and ESC ,very useful)
8. you can install a keyboard app: messagease
9. config others ...