Re: Improvements to adjust-parens

From: Ryan
Subject: Re: Improvements to adjust-parens
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:52:59 -0800

I believe I have already completed the copyright assignment.

On Mon Nov 25 17:51:54 2013, Barry OReilly wrote:

    I have recently started to use your adjust-parens package for
    Emacs. I have made a few changes to my copy that I thought you
    might want to incorporate upstream. I have attached a patch of all
    my changes; below are the ChangeLog entries for my changes (also
    inclued in the patch):

        * adjust-parens.el (adjust-parens-mode): Convert to minor mode
        (global-adjust-parens-mode): Add globalized mode. Uses a custom
        var to determine which modes to enable the mode in.
        (adjust-parens-p): Only adjust parens after fixing indentation and
        moving point to end of indentation.
        (adjust-parens-and-indent): Correct handling of prefix arg. Now
        only explicit numeric prefix arguments (i.e. not `C-u') affect the
        number of parens adjusted, and negative & zero prefix are handled
        correctly.

        * adjust-parens-tests.el (apt-mode-test): Add tests for minor mode
        enabling/disabling
        (apt-indent-dedent-test): Add tests for behavior when indentation
        is incorrect or point is not at end of indentation

    The to main changes of interest are the conversion of
    adjust-parens into a minor mode that can be enabled and disabled,
    and the changing the initial behavior of the TAB key when the
    current line is wrongly indented or the point is at the wrong
    position. I hope you find this patch useful. Please let me know
    what you think of it.

Thanks. adjust-parens is in ELPA which requires a copyright assignment
to FSF for non tiny changes. I'm not sure how to check whether you're
on the list of those who have completed the paperwork.