Re: Mark custom function for interactive use only

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Mark custom function for interactive use only
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:55:20 +0200

On November 26, 2013 at 11:40:49 AM, Sebastian Wiesner (address@hidden) wrote:

Am 26.11.2013 07:46 schrieb "Bozhidar Batsov" <address@hidden>:

> On 26 November 2013 05:18, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
>>

>> When installing changes by others, please think about the copyright
>> assignment aspect. The rule is, we can accept no more than 10-15 lines
>> total (cumulative over all changes) from any one person without an
>> assignment. Changes that fall under that rule should be marked "(tiny
>> change") in the ChangeLog.
>

> I'm aware of this. I also know Sebastian from working on other projects and he recently mentioned that he has signed the FSF contributor agreement, that's why I didn't brought up the matter.

That's a misunderstanding.  I have not signed an agreement, and certainly did not say so.

Hmm, I was fooled by this tweet of yours "Doesn't cover the hardest thing, though: Sitting at home and waiting for the FSF's CA papers :)”, because afterwards you asked me how long did it take for my paperwork to go through and I assumed you were waiting for your paperwork to go through. This was last month so now I simply thought you were done with the waiting and were starting to hack on Emacs. Obviously I was wrong.

I thought that this change would qualify as tiny, and thus didn't mention it.

Yeah. Glenn already mentioned he considers the change tiny.

It would be unfortunate if I had to go through the legal procedure for this little patch.  Had I know this, I would not have written it.

I should double check such details in the future. Since I work on so many projects on GitHub I’m not used to thinking about such legal details. Btw, where’s the list of people who have signed the agreement?