Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Tom
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 21:01:05 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> > Is there a generic elisp way to list packages shipped with emacs
> > without listing them explicitly?
>
> There's no easy and reliable way, but I don't think we need that.

We are only interested in packages which are shipped with emacs,
so we should query only those. It's about activating some of these
builtin packages by default, so we have to filter external packages
from this list somehow, don't we?

symbol-file looks good, the provided features can be tested with it
and if the path is under the emacs installation directory then
we can say the feature is in a builtin package.