Re: New msys-to-w32 breaks using %emacs_dir%, @VER@ in locallisppath

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: New msys-to-w32 breaks using %emacs_dir%, @VER@ in locallisppath
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 00:29:38 +0100

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Dani Moncayo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Agreed.  The directories you specify with --enable-locallisppath don't
> have to exist at build time.  That is why, in the "epaths-force-w32"
> target, the translation of "${locallisppath}" is done by passing "N"
> to the argument MUSTEXIST of the msys-to-w32 script.

Then why did it complain about %emacs_dir%/share/emacs/@VER@/site-lisp
? It does not contain any colon.

> Conclusion: always use MSYS-style paths ("/c/mydir") instead of
> windows native paths ("c:/mydir") when specifying paths with
> --enable-locallisppath, because the colon ":" will be used as
> separator in the path list.

I used c:/mydir as an example. What I mean is,
--enable-locallisppath=/c/mydir should not complain. I haven't checked
that it does, but if not, I'm puzzled that it complained about the
%emacs_dir% path.