Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el and leim/quail]
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 08:26:53 +0100

() Drew Adams <address@hidden>
() Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:05:09 -0800 (PST)

   What minuses?  None have been shown.

I think there is opportunity cost for whoever does the commit.
If that person is not the original programmer, the cost must be
shared.  It's natural for people to balk at sharing costs.

For some situations (e.g., paying for a group lunch) there is
more or less a social protocol for settling the matter.  Here,
there is no such protocol, except for thread-around-the-moon
arguing.

Personally, i just recently learned about "git-bzr" and, being
in the same boat as OP, am resolved to try it out RSN.  Maybe
OP can do likewise, and we can coalesce our experiences into a
suitable blurb under admin/notes/, to ease things for others.
Surely that is better than continuing this thread.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502