Re: Is Emacs in a usable state at the moment?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Is Emacs in a usable state at the moment?
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 15:52:18 +0100

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:

> It is a work in progress, resizing windows by pixels instead of
> rows/columns, but additional debugging is welcome.

Ah, right.

> The 100% I've only seen on GnuStep, not X.  I've not seen a hang
> either, can you catch it in the debugger?

The 100% CPU usage was, I think, completely unrelated -- it was a local
issue.

The hang happened when I did the following:

`M-x debbugs-gnu' and then selected some bugs.  I entered into one of
the reports, and then did some work, and then when I exited one of the
groups, Emacs hung.  It made the "visual bell" areas go white, so
perhaps it was a bit of the error handling code that did something
wrong?

It just happened once.

> The 72 instead of 80 I've seen (but in my case, 79, 83 or 84).
>
> Which toolkit did you compile with?

Let's see...  It says:

  What toolkit should Emacs use?                          LUCID