Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 10:44:13 -0500

> I gave it a shot, though due to the reasons given by Stefan the
> results  may not be very meaningful.  Here it is anyway with feature
> names and usage counts.

Thanks.

> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=wmrgg5Ct

I think you should filter out the ones that appear in `features' after
"emacs -Q".

> Note that it's not perfect.

Of course.  Another problem is that it includes all the packages loaded
by emacsbug, so I suggest maybe better would be to take the `features'
after "emacs -Q; M-x report-emacs-bug RET foo RET".

Another thing worthwhile would be to normalize the numbers as percentages.

        Stefan