Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: participation & contribution [was: Latest changes with lisp/uni-*.el and leim/quail]
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 11:51:58 +0100

() RĂ¼diger Sonderfeld <address@hidden>
() Mon, 02 Dec 2013 14:29:53 +0100

   I have already imported trunk through git-bzr.

In in the process of doing so (i believe) as i type this...
For the record, here is what i had to do (Debian "wheezy" system):
- # aptitude purge git
- Add "deb URL wheezy-backports ..." to /etc/apt/sources.list.
- # aptitude install -R git/wheezy-backports
- # aptitude install -R git-bzr/wheezy-backports
- $ cd ~/build/GNU
- $ git clone bzr::bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk e
  (I chose destination dir "e" to avoid conflict w/ the default "emacs",
   the current Git repo and build tree for this very Emacs, here...)

Now i see e/.git/bzr/.bzr/repository/upload/ w/ a slowly-growing .pack
file (294MB at the moment).  I suppose this is a temporary work area for
git-remote-bzr and the working tree e/ will be populated once download
is complete.

So far, so good.  (Now watch the gods strike me and my old computer
down -- Murphy's Law...)

   Is anybody here using git-bzr to push to the Emacs master?

Soon that would be me (and you, right?), and hopefully OP...

   How well does this work?

Why don't you try it and post your observations?  That's what i will do.

--
Thien-Thi Nguyen
   GPG key: 4C807502