Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 13:25:01 -0500

> +1 - I don't think we need show-paren-mode enabled by default that
> much, but we definitely need to disable the horrible
> `blink-matching-paren'.

I do think we need some paren-matching enabled by default.
I'm surprised blink-matching-paren can elicit such strong sentiments,
since I myself find it very nice, providing just enough info to be
useful (including when the open paren is out of sight) without getting
in the way (you can just ignore the cursor-jump if you don't care about
it).

>> > +1. Whenever the window-handling code does something different from what
>> > I'd expect, winner-mode saves the day.
>> Whenever it happens again do not hesitate to file a complaint here, too.

Just a guess, but the window-handling can "mess up" without it being
a bug, so the "something different from what I'd expect" may still be
"the right choice" in general.

        Stefan