Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:07:57 +0530

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> I suspect that you are seeing that message anyway

`blink-matching-paren' kicks in when I INSERT the paren.
`show-paren-mode' works even when I am BROWSING around.

CMIIW, `blink-matching-paren' gives no feedback when I am just reading
the code and not editing it.

1. Reading (Comprehending others or one's own code) is more frequent
   than creating new code.

2. Blinking and Echoing is most definitely NOT what I want (particularly
   when I am editing the code).

NOTE: I have been editing as well as reading ox-odt.el for good part of
last 1-2 years.  As a reader and an editor, I can say show-paren-mode is
what I want.  (I use a netbook, so even simple forms are out of view)

`blink-matching-paren' ... No Thanks!  It makes NO practical difference
to the majority of people and use cases out there.