Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 14:23:02 -0600

> On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 6:30 PM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> But do hurry, the feature freeze immins pretty hard these days,

This is the first I've heard of a feature freeze; where are such things
announced?

I often skip large parts of this list, so if it is only announced here,
I could easily miss it.

> Will the feature freeze preclude installing the new Ada mode if it
> delays for a while? It is not yet ready, but Stephen Leake just said
> today in the Ada mode list that he's "finally working on polishing the
> code for a release!"

My plan is to put Ada mode 5.0 in MELPA first, in the hopes of getting
more beta testers. Then it might move to ELPA.

I don't think it should stay in Emacs core, mainly because I don't have
write privs to Emacs core, and also because I can manage M/ELPA via Git
rather than Bazaar.

--
-- Stephe