Re: Finding packages to enable by default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Finding packages to enable by default
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 21:04:34 -0500

> My plan is to put Ada mode 5.0 in MELPA first, in the hopes of getting
> more beta testers.  Then it might move to ELPA.

Installing it into Emacs's core just before the freeze will give you
even more testers.

> I don't think it should stay in Emacs core, mainly because I don't have
> write privs to Emacs core,

As Glenn pointed out, you do.

If you want to move it to GNU ELPA, we could do that, but then I'd want
to include this ELPA package into the Emacs tarball.  This said, it'd be
kind of a pain in the rear to do (lots of work to make sure the shift
from "core" to "external package" is sufficiently smooth).

        Stefan