Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 13:52:48 -0500

> +(defun eww-exit ()
> +  "Exit the Emacs Web Wowser."
> +  (interactive)
> +  (setq eww-history nil)
> +  (kill-buffer (current-buffer)))
> +
> +(defun eww-close ()
> +  "Close the Emacs Web Wowser browser, leaving history intact."
> +  (interactive)
> +  (quit-window))

I think this is a step backward.  The names `eww-close' and `eww-exit'
don't help the user understand what those commands do.  To me they sound
like different names for the same thing.

I'd rather use commands `kill-this-buffer' and `quit-window' which are
much more clear and which the user might already know.

I'm not sure how (setq eww-history nil) fits in there, because I don't
know why it's there, so I can't comment on how best to go about it in
this respect.

        Stefan