Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115470: eww: exit and close actions
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 21:07:00 -0500

> I agree the current implementation is suboptimal but your problem is
> with the fundamental idea of separating "close" from "exit."

No, the problem is with calling eww-close instead of quit-window, and
with calling eww-exit instead of kill-this-buffer.  To me, this is
just obfuscation.

> - revert back to `q' being `quit-window',

Yes.  As I said elsewhere, I think this binding should basically be
inherited from special-mode-map.

> - no "close" or "exit" concepts

Yup.

> - implement some way to quit all eww windows for privacy and security

If someone wants that, I'm not opposed to it (tho "quitting all windows"
won't give you any privacy or security benefits, so it will presumably
do something else).  But I wouldn't call it "exit".  The name should
instead include something like clear/wipe/flush/...

> - implement "close" and "exit" differently but still try to separate them

As explained in my previous email those two concepts don't make sense in
the context of eww, so those names shouldn't be used.

        Stefan