Re: Visual bell patch for emacs on OSX

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Visual bell patch for emacs on OSX
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 09:21:14 -0500

> Seems to me that GNUStep is killing the user experience of the people that
> are actually using the NS port.

WTF?  How do you get to this conclusion?  The OP has already been told
that it's perfectly OK to just ifdef out the NS-only code.

> Maybe this is a policy worth revisiting for the sake of the people
> that use the NS port?

People who use the NS port and aren't satisfied with it should start
contributing code, because we really don't have nearly
enough contributors.  As Jan pointed out, a non-negligible fraction of
bugs fixed in the NS code are due to Jan who could only do that thanks
to the GNUstep support, so claiming that the GNUstep support is killing
the NS port is ridiculous.

        Stefan