Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115596: Minor fixes for recent openp changes.

From: Jarek Czekalski
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] trunk r115596: Minor fixes for recent openp changes.
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 23:07:55 +0100

I have problems with understanding the new code. Especially the TYPE_MINIMUM part. Paul, maybe you could add a comment to explain why such a value must be put here? Could this be initialized to 0 or to invalid_timespec? It would be easier to understand.

When the save_mtime is invalid (nsec < 0), the result of its comparison could be undefined. Maybe this comparison never happens, however 0 value would be safer.

I have these 2 doubts. Maybe the problem comes from lack of knowledge on my side. I don't know :) Just sharing thoughts.

Thanks
Jarek

-  struct timespec save_mtime;
-  int save_fd = 0;
+  struct timespec save_mtime = make_timespec (TYPE_MINIMUM (time_t), -1);
+  int save_fd = -1;

-                      if (!save_fd || timespec_cmp (save_mtime, mtime) < 0)
+              if (timespec_cmp (mtime, save_mtime) <= 0)