Re: Bzr taskbranches and ChangeLog

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bzr taskbranches and ChangeLog
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 10:35:51 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>
> Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 08:50:33 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Hm, do you use that plugin?

I do, all the time.

> It doesn't seem to work as advertised here.  I have put
>
>   [/home/horn/Repos/el/emacs/]
>   changelog_merge_files = ChangeLog
>
> in my ~/.bazaar/locations.conf and updated my trunk and merged into my
> taskbranch, but now the ChangeLog entries I have received from the trunk
> are on top of my own entry whereas it should be the other way round.

That's what this plugin is supposed to do, since your entries
"arrived" in that branch before the merged ones.  There's no better
strategy in the general case, when there are changes in ChangeLog not
only at the top.  And when you merge to your bound branch, the result
will be exactly right: your entries will be at the top.

As I mentioned in my other mail, you need to move your entries to the
top of the file before committing upstreams.