info files

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: info files
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 17:07:48 +0100

Recent bzr updates of the branch I use for regular builds always ended
with a conflict about info/ not being empty and therefore not deleted
(it was of course absent in my trunk mirror).  So I deleted it from the
branch manually, did `bzr resolve --all', and that eliminated the
conflict.  But now when I run make, no info files are built.  They are
built by running `make info', which creates info/ in the source
directory and populates it.  So I suppose the next time I update the
branch I'll get a conflict again and have to delete info/ manually, and
then run `make info' on the next build; and so on.  This doesn't seem
very sensible, so I guess I'm missing something, but I saw nothing in
NEWS.  So what am I missing?  In case it's relevant, I build Emacs out
of tree and do not install it.

Steve Berman