Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: Emacs completion matches selection UI
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 21:47:40 -0500

Try a google search for "yasnippet autocomplete".  Many folk seem to want to use them together.  Not sure why the attempt so often leads to a plea for help.

Perhaps the wrinkle is yasnippet's completion model.  Based on context preceding point yasnippet decides either that a match exists (leading to template expansion and return) or that no match exists  causing responsibility to be passed to a fallback completion handler.

/john

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:
> at a given point.  I know trying to get yasnippet to play gracefully with
> other completion mechanisms has generated much discussion.

I didn't know.  Can you describe some of the problems w.r.t interaction
between completion and yasnippet?

        Stefan